ABOUT US - Employment Opportunities
International Travel Consultant - Full Time/Perth office
- Collaborative, Organised & Professional
- Enthusiastic, team player
- Service focus
Mission Travel Group (MTG) is Australia’s leading mission and pilgrimage travel group, offering a range of services that include facilitation of mission teams, corporate Christian travel, escorted pilgrimage tours, volunteer Africa placements and visiting sponsor children.
MTG has gained a reputation as experts in the more obscure travel locations worldwide, often where people are least reached with the Gospel.
We are a thriving business, successfully combining excellence as a travel agency with God's heart for mission and justice. The Melbourne head office has 10 staff and MTG is expanding in to WA in 2014. In 2010 and 2013 MTG gave away $100,000 to deserving ministries and individuals as part of its commitment to sow back into the mission world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Travel Consultant to join our team and contribute to our growth and outreach. The successful candidate will:
1. Contribute to the growth of the business by effectively and actively converting incoming inquries into sales.
2. Effectively and actively process all incoming booking files in an agreed time-frame.
3. Maximise sales opportunities by actively on-selling, cross-selling and up-selling.
4. Meet or exceed agreed individual delivery indicators, including sales conversion, and sales against budget.
5. Assist with cash control/banking for business operation.
The successful applicant will have:
- At least 5 years retail or corporate travel industry experience in Australia
- Proficiency in Sabre and SAM (but will offer conversion training if you have other GDS/Middle office experience).
- Champion our values and behaviours of Responsiveness, Respect, Honesty, Care – reflecting Christian values is essential
- Ideally, you have travelled extensively through developing countries, particularly Africa and can speak authentically of your expereinces. Our clients travel the world to serve the poor and needy so you need to be empathetic and enthusiastic about their mission.
This is a full-time consultancy role in our brand new Perth office commencing early 2014.
Applications to be submitted to Lisa Tarzia, Director at email@example.com by 30 November 2013.